Friday, February 16, 2007

Maybe a New Generation of Crocheters

Today has been a good day here in Southeastern Ohio. The sun was shining and I actually heard some birds chirping. But the best thing was, my 5 year old granddaughter wanted to learn on to crochet. I was delighted to show her. My daughter has started to pick up crocheting again and now for my granddaughter to wanting to learn is great. By the time she went home she was doing pretty good on her chain. She took her hook and ball of yarn home to "practice." She is my son's daughter, one of the triplets, and seemed very pleased with her new toys.





My grandmother taught me to do a chain and that is how I started. But back then she only had the small hooks and the size 10 crochet thread. It was definitely harder then. She also showed me how to tat and knit, but I haven't done much with either. I work so much better with one hook rather than two needles. I did knit the triplets little caps for Christmas but that's about the extent of my knitting.





Here is a picture of one of my latest projects. I especially like to work with thread. This angel is a tree topper. My first real attempt at a starched project. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be and now I have done several others. I finally wised up about taking pictures of some of my projects because I give almost all of them away.


I have been a lot of scarves this year for some reason (I think because they are quick to make). I also like to do small baby afghans, the size that fits over car seats. I have made one for all of our 14 grandchildren and moms like them because the do work well with the car seats.

Its late and hubby will be wondering why I'm so long at the computer.

Until next time!

No comments: