Monday, February 19, 2007

The sun is shining again in Southeastern Ohio and its also warmer than it has been in the past few weeks. One more frigid morning and then it should be warming up. According to the weather it could actually reach 60 by Sunday. The kids around here will be getting their short and flip-flops out.

I am a member of the Red Hat Tamales and have been making a few red hat items. I made little red hat pins for the ladies this past Christmas. Here is a picture of my latest project.


She looks like she is on a swing. I adapted the pattern a little so she could have a red hat. I thought I might try another only using different colors. She is a "crinoline lady". I am also making a crinoline lady to put on a T-shirt. We have a "Red Hat Day" coming up in May at the Bob Evans Farm and thought it might be fun to wear. The crazier, wilder, and louder the better.
This past summer there was a "Red Hat Day" at the farm (I think it was the hotest day of the summer, too) and there were over 500 women running around in their red and purple. It was great and it was LOUD! The organizers of the event never dreamed there would be that many women come. Our group was the hostesses and we were busy, busy registering these women. We are looking forward to this again this May.
Until next time!

No comments: